Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Review: Girl of Nightmares


Girl of Nightmares
Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



Cas cannot get over the fact that Anna sacrificed herself for he and his friends. He just can't. She was the only girl in which he was genuinely interested, and he lost her in the blink of an eye. But that's not the only thing that's troubling him. He senses that Anna is suffering in wherever she is that she went. And he's right and determined to save her at all costs.

Okay, it's difficult for me to print my thoughts right after I finished this book, but I'll try anyway.

While I didn't enjoy this book as much as I enjoyed the previous installment, it was still worth the read. There were many frightening parts, and there were parts that kept me at the edge of my seat. Cas was still a funny narrator, though not as much as he was in the first book.

As I said at the beginning, he's all depressed because he just lost his dead girlfriend... and I meant it. During the first half of the book, he was a whiny teenager worrying only about a dead girl whom he had known for only two months. He could bother the hell out of me at some points. In fact, I almost left the book unread while I calmed down.

The book started a little slower than the first one. Another reason why I almost left it unfinished was because in this same half, it was a bit boring. But it was still worth it because things started to pick up after some time.

When I had read 60% of the book, I could no longer separate myself form the book. Things started to happened so fast that I could no longer keep count of the pages I read. The second half of the book was by far my favorite.I began to be completely thrilled when they finally left for London to meet their task to rescue Anna.

The ending I cannot say it's disappointing. I seriously thought things would end different, but I'm pleased with what I got. In fact, the actual ending of the book is way better than what I was waiting. It was a bit sad, but great all the same.

If you started reading this book and you cannot stand Cassio, or you're bored, consider your decision of leaving it unfinished. Even when it is true that it was somewhat boring and that Cas was acting like a kid after his parents deny him something, it was still worth the read. It's not the best thing I've read in my life (because you obviously know what is the-best-thing-I've-read-in-my-life's name), but this series is for sure one of the best books in YA fiction I've had the pleasure of reading.

P.S.: Suicide Forest.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment