Sunday, March 22, 2015

Review: Batman: The Killing Joke


Batman: The Killing Joke
Batman: The Killing Joke by Alan Moore

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Batman has always been my favorite superhero, and this particular book has been said to be the best one, so of course I had to read it. I'm not a big fan of graphic novels (if I'm not wrong, I think this is the first one I read), but I'm glad I decided to give it a try.

The star of the show is not Batman but no other than the Joker. I liked that he was given a compelling backstory. Of course that doesn't justify his actions but it helps to get to know the “villain” a little and to understand his actions.

Something that I'll never understand is why Batman always lets the Joker go. I mean, it's not like he lets him escape; it's that in this particular case, the Joker did something that really pissed me off (Barbara Gordon!), and if I had been Batman, I would've ripped his head with my bare hands, but I guess that if he had indeed done that, the Joker's point might have proved right and he would've been the winner. Oh, why do I have to take books so seriously?

The graphics were good. At times they were a little creepy, but they did justice to the story, and really, it was a dark one, so they fitted it. No complaints about them.

It's totally worth reading this. I'll most definitely continue reading more of Batman. I mean, please, it's Batman. He's one of my (many) fictional crushes.

100% recommended.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment