Sunday, September 28, 2014

Review: Limón Blues


Limón Blues
Limón Blues by Anacristina Rossi

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Limón Blues was quite a pleasant surprise...

It is clear that Anacristina Rossi took her time to write this book. The setting is well done, I mean, the descriptions of the era she's describing sounds very vivid: I could almost assure I was living in there when it all occured. The edition I own even has some kind of bibliography where she got all the material to make the story believable.

The plot is not that complex. It is about the life of Orlandus, a guy living in the top of the discrimitation mountain (metaphorically). He, being a black guy, is excluded from everything, so he, along with other people, fight to gain their rights. But the book is not only about that. It also includes his romantic life and all its complications, which make the story even more realistic.

Anyway, I don't really have a lot of time today, so I'll end up here with this: Limón Blues is one of the few academic books I've enjoyed (yes, I read it because it was an assignment) and I managed to read without struggling, even when it took me more than a month to do so (*coughs* college *coughs*).



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment