Friday, February 27, 2015

Review: Gone


Gone

Gone by Michael Grant

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



DNF at 10%


And I failed. Again.

I've tried twice to read this book, but both times I haven't managed to do it. It's just simply not for me. The concept is interesting, really, but I'm not intrigued by it anymore.

When I read what this was about, I was really excited, I remember, but that excitement faded away quickly with time, until one day I could no longer remember that I had been planning to read this.

That's when some reviews about this book started to appear.

If you were wondering if this was what aroused my curiosity for a second time, then you're right: When positive reviews about this book (series) started to pop out, I felt again that thrill, and I decided to give it a try. But I couldn't get past page ten.

Page ten, my dear friends. I couldn't get past page ten!! I found it boring, and all my curiosity had already died by that point. So that was a did-not-finish for me.

But again, some time later (like a year after), another wave of positive reviews started to appear, and again, my curiosity was awakened. And to make a long story short, I tried to give it a second chance and read it... but I failed again.

I found it more boring than the first time, just now I was not only bored but annoyed by the main characters. They all felt unrealistic and dull. Sorry if you don't agree with me, but I just didn't like any single of them.

At some point, things started to get better, however, by that point, I no longer wanted to read the book and I found myself skimming. This was when I made my final decision to leave this book unfinished.

No more tries for this one. Sorry, not sorry. Maybe it'll do for you, but for me, it didn't.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment