Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Review: City of Glass


City of Glass
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



No, just no.

I'm the exception here. I've read both The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices, but the former is simply not for me. I liked the latter one, but I could not endure this one. Yes, TID had issues, but I could get past them. That did not happen with this series.

It's really probable that I'm the only person in the world to hate Jace, but I can't deny it: I hate him. Yes, he can be sometimes funny, but aside that point, he seemed boring to me, and besides, I hate his oversized altruism. Doesn't feel realistic for me.

Clary is the same stupid girl with the brain the size of a peanut girl as in the other books. I never liked her. Never. Not in the first book, not in the second one, and not in this one. To be honest, if anything, with every new installment, I seemed to be hating her even more. Sorry.

And then, this one is not really a complaint aobut his book in particular, but I wish the series was finished with City of Glass. After this one (and even when I didn't like it), the series s not woht it anymore. If everything felt forced in this book, now imagine how it is in the next ones (spoiler: It is more forced in the next three books).

From the beginning of the series, I could tell I wasn't going to love it. The concept was not new for me when I read this, so I didn't feel as if I were reading about an innovative idea. Nephilim, angels, demons... I've read about them in other books--and I never was particularly entertained by them; they were just dull for me.

And now:


Can I borrow this? I need to wipe these books from my memory.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment